Thursday, February 16, 2012

Killing my Control Freak

...and no, I don't mean my husband.  I was tempted to update my Facebook status to something like, "Tempted to stop praying."  It seems that everything I have prayed for recently has come in such a way that I'm overwhelmed, it just seems like too much.  My instinct is to hide from it, or to close doors so that only what I can handle is let in.  But then I thought about it.  God doesn't show up in my size, He shows up in His.  He is not going to answer my prayers in the way that I see fit.  He has no interest in keeping things "Lisa sized."  God's presence in a situation should be overwhelming.  He needs to show up in a way that makes people sit up and take notice that something more is going on here.  If things stay "Lisa sized" then guess who is in control?  Why would He respond in any other way than to overwhelm me? 

So, what now?  I'm still overwhelmed.  I guess I have now realized that this is not about what I can handle, it's about making a decision about who's in control.  Am I going to push out the blessings that I can't handle?  Or am I going to humbly step back and look to Him to orchestrate events in the way the He sees fit.  What am I going to make a priority?  My feelings or His Glory?

No comments:

Post a Comment