Thursday, October 1, 2009

Be careful what you carry

The people and responsibilities in your life have a huge impact on your effectiveness. Not so long ago I was bogged down with people and responsibilities that were weights. They dragged me down. While I was doing good things and making a difference I was limited. I could only do what I could do. I know, that sounds silly, but it was true. The people I was caring for were incredibly dependent and/or unmotivated. The responsibilities I had were either things that tapped me out or felt like a heaviness that I had to push uphill on my own. Contrast that with now. The people in my life are now self motivated, passionate, positive people. They still rely on me for things, but the effort that I put into them is joined with theirs and multiplied. My responsibilities are no longer things that I have to push or drag, but things that pull or propel me. These are things that are greater than I am. I am no longer limited by what I can do and the difference has been who and what I surround myself with.

No comments:

Post a Comment