Thursday, September 24, 2009

Blessings

How many blessings are we blind to because we have an agenda? God has really been working on me lately to give up control over my plans. As I've been working on this I've noticed, of course, other people who have the same struggle and what it is costing them. It's so much easier to see it in others, isn't it? Anyway, so what I've noticed is that when you are so focused on what you want you get tunnel vision and can't see what's going on around you. Sometimes it's a relationship that you've wanted to strengthen but you are unknowlingly putting up obstacles to it. Sometimes it is an opportunity or a gift. There are so many good things that you automatically close your eyes to because you are so focused on what you think should happen. I would like to encourage you to take the most important thing you have going on today and give it to God and step back, open your eyes, release your agenda and see what God can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment