Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Live beyond understanding

Is it possible to live beyond your understanding? I was stuck by this thought as I was marveling at God. I've been a Christian for 27 years now and I am consistently struck with the simple things about God that I've never realized or by things that I've been wrongly taught or that I've misunderstood for all these years. I get so excited and want to grab everyone I can and open their eyes like mine have just been opened and allow my excitement to overflow into them. I am blessed with some wonderful women in my life who love to just soak it all up and find my joy contagious, yet it's obvious that there are things I'm saying that they want in their lives, they just haven't grasped it yet. Is it possible for them to live and walk in the joy and light that I do even though they don't understand it yet? As for myself, as I walk in and experience God's goodness and explore these new revelations I'm thinking yes, it is possible to live beyond your understanding. If we are living according to what we understand of God, then we are putting our faith in our capacity to understand, not in God. We close the door to everything beyond human comprehension. Yes, we can understand that there are miracles without understanding the miracle, but that is still leaving us as judge and jury. If our faith is truly in God then we will put our whole into his hands. Not just our health and finances and salvation, but our dreams and potential and plans and hurts and EVERYTHING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment